Monday, September 7, 2009

Trip to Sitka

We went on a trip to Sitka with our friends. Erin and I took our vehicles and all the kids and traveled by ferry. Ben and Reuben came a day earlier by plane so that they could go fishing. When we got on, we found out half our ward was also going to Sitka. My friend Kueni took Haley and came back to me with her fast asleep. She thought it was hilarious that Haley likes to fold her hands in her sleep.


Here we are hiking in Totem park.


The kids couldn't wait to go swimming.
Leaving Sitka turned out to be an adventure as well. Ben and Reuben planned on flying home a day earlier than us so they could get to work. They were going to leave on an evening flight. We found out there was a flight that would leave the next morning that would get them back to Juneau by 6:30 in the morning. We changed the flights so we could get in one more night of Euchre. However, the next morning we found out the morning flight was canceled due to fog so Ben and Reuben got an extra, unplanned day in Sitka. They did finally get out that night on an evening flight and Erin and I planned on leaving the next morning on the ferry. However, as we were eating dinner that night we heard through the grapevine that our ferry was canceled for the next day so we also got an extra day in Sitka. Unfortunately for Ben this was the day we found the best ice cream shop that made some killer milk shakes (or as Clayton called them, "chocolate smoothies")




6 comments:

mom gilbert said...

I am so glad you guys had a fun trip to Sitka. I trust the camper worked out great! it was so fun seeing all of you last week! love mom

jodi said...

I love the underwater pictures. So cool.

Flee said...

so fun and so cute! I love all the pictures of the kids. I love chocolate smoothies too Clay. :)

Bethany said...

You must have had fun because it looks like a blast. What good memories. I can't believe half the ward was on the fairy...well I can because we all live here and there are only 2 ways out. But I still think it would be fun to have that many people that you know on the fairy.

Erin said...

Great times buddy :) Too bad for Ben about the milkshakes. Tell him we can always go back next year.

ashley said...

What fun!!! And that little Haley is growing so fast! Sweet little girl!